I decided to run a camp (on oboe reed making, of course) this year - my first solo summer camp venture - and it's been so fun! The first session was in early August, the second session is finishing tomorrow, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON has successfully made at least one working, vibrating reed so far! We started from tube cane, which meant that we had to measure, sort, split, guillotine, pre-gouge, gouge, and shape the cane. After all of the cane processing was done, we tied our blanks, sharpened our knives, and (carefully) learned how to scrape. We clipped the tips, refined the scrape, and peeped and crowed! Tomorrow we'll finish up by going through some troubleshooting and minor adjustments.